Click on each question to expand and read the answer.
A domain name is the address of your website that people type in the browser URL bar to visit your website.
Web hosting is space on a web server to store your website files.
SSL enables you to access a website securely. You will notice that the web address begins https:// rather than http://
A responsive website is a website that adapts to the device it is being viewed on.
Above the fold refers to the part of your web page that is initially visible before a visitor needs to start scrolling down
Keyword research is the process of finding relevant keywords for your business and understanding how you are ranking or could rank for these keywords on search engines such as Google. Read more about how to make keyword research work for you.
WordPress is a popular platform that allows clients to add new text or images to their own site as they wish. It’s user-friendly and easy to learn. We are committed to ensuring that you’ll be comfortable using your new website.
An Eommerce website allows people to buy and sell physical goods, services, and digital products over the internet. Read more about Ecommerce website considerations.
SEO, or search engine optimisation, is all about creating quality content, optimising it, and promoting it so that it can be found by people using search engines such as Google to find what they are looking for on the Internet. SEO helps people to find you and your services and encourages users to visit your website. Ideally your content should be designed to encourage clients to take some action, such as to click a link, sign up for your newsletter, follow you on social media, or buy your product. Therefore compelling headlines and a persuasive call to action help you stand out in the search engine results. Phrases like “Subscribe to our newsletter,” “Book your reservation now” or “Email us for a free quote today” encourage website visitors to take action.
Google’s top 3 SEO ranking factors are Content, User Experience and Backlinks.
PUBLISH HIGH QUALITY CONTENT
Google wants people to be able to find the freshest and most relevant information.
By researching keywords and users’ search intentions you can find topics of interest that provide benefit to your website visitors.
PROVIDE A GOOD USER EXPERIENCE
The goal of Google is to satisfy users’ needs. Google’s algorithm favours websites that provide the best experience to searchers.
A good user experience includes:
Mobile-Friendly – make sure your site looks good on mobile devices, desktops, and tablets.
Page Speed – make sure your site loads as quickly as possible.
Secure Website – Have a secure Https website
Easy To Use – Websites should be easy to use and navigate – for example, it should take a user only three to four clicks to find any page on a website.
Backlinks are links from other websites back to yours.
High-quality backlinks are an important SEO ranking factor. If trustworthy, authoritive websites are not linking back to your site, it can negatively impact your SEO. A few good links are more effective than lots of low quality links.
Descriptive ‘anchor text’ (the words that link back to your website) using your keywords is better than text that says, ‘click here’.
Click here to read tips for speeding up your website.
Google Business Profile, previously known as Google My Business, is a free tool for businesses and organisations to manage their online presence across Google, including Search and Maps. By verifying and editing your business information, you can help customers find you and tell them more about your business. Read more about claiming and optimising your Google Business Profile listing.
– It creates a professional image and look for your business
– Reinforces your brand identity and helps you to grow your business
– It is an effective way to advertise your product or service online
– Customers can access information about your business 24/7
– Clients can be kept informed of latest developments in your business
– Customers can be emailed with product information, regular newsletters, offers and so on
– It provides a virtual shop window where you can trade online
– You can use your website to gather information about your customers
– You can target overseas markets
Here are some website design tips and considerations to think about and to give you ideas and inspiration:
– What is the overall purpose of your website? To share information about a topic? To sell products or services? List and prioritise your goals
– Who is your target audience?
– What content will you need to include? Testimonials? About us? What is relevant for the needs of your visitors?
– Gather background information about your business
– Look at other people’s websites to get an idea of what you want
– What will you include on your home page – a video introduction? product features? an ebook download? latest offers? social media links?
– Which are the important bits that you want people to be able to see without scrolling to find them?
– Choosing a ‘domain name’ / website address (www…). Do you want to know if a web address is available? You can check the availability at tsohost.com/domain-names
– It is beneficial to choose a domain name that is the same name as your business or gives people an idea of what you sell
Yes, we can provide training