Last updated on August 9th, 2022 at 04:23 pm
Do you want to generate new leads and sales? If so, it is important to regularly review your website marketing strategy.
Marketing is not just about improving your website or advertising online – it needs to be approached from many different angles.
Who is your target audience? What products / services do they need or want – and are you providing it?
What kind of problems do they need solved?
What type of content do they already consume?
Knowing the answer to this will help you create content that appeals to your target audience.
What products or services have your existing customers purchased from you in the past?
It’s a good idea to create buyer personas to represent your ideal customer(s).
How do you reach potential customers – do you attend networking events? By email newsletter? Advertising?
Have you done your research about who your competitors are, what they do well or what puts you off their products?
Writing an article or online blog can increase your market, but you should write about what you know, and make sure that it is of interest to your readers – don’t just try and sell your product directly.
When drafting a media release you should write in the third person.
Do you need to use the services of a professional photographer – for printed media such as glossy magazines the quality of images is especially important.
Do you need to update your business cards, flyers and other printed materials with your latest services and offers?
Branding is a way of clearly highlighting what makes your product or service different to, and more attractive than, your competitors.
The main benefit of branding is that customers are much more likely to remember your business. A strong brand name and logo/image helps to keep your company image in the mind of your potential customers.
If you can create effective branding, then it can make your business appear to be much bigger than it really is. This can be especially important when a customer wants reassurance that you will still be around in a few years time.
Contests and Giveaways
Social media contests and giveaways are one of the best ways to increase sales, engagement, and grow your social media following. They can be used as part of a product launch.
If you have a website, what first impression does it give? People may only stay on a website for a few seconds, so first impressions count. Colour schemes can be off putting – is your website easy on the eye? Does it look professional?
Think about what makes you stay on a website, or click away.
- Can you add to the content, or give away something for free such as a downloadable PDF brochure?
- Do you have testimonials from other clients on your website?
- Do you have a professional email address (rather than a web-based free service)?
- Do you use an automatically generated email signature at the end of emails that you send out?
- Is your domain name effective? Does it include hard to spell words, such as jewellery (or jewelry) which is spelt in different ways by the UK and the US?
- Have you used keywords in your titles. Each of your website pages should have a unique meta title reflecting their content.
- Have you added a sitemap to help search engines find your website?
- Do you use analytics to look at traffic to your website?
- Do you have videos on your website? Videos often appear on search engine results pages
Google Business Profile Listing
Have you claimed your free Google Business Profile listing (previously known as ‘Google My Business’)? Many businesses miss out on the impressive features available with a free listing.
Google’s algorithm for ranking Business Profile listings considers proximity, relevance and also activity and quality of information. By completing as much as possible on your listing you are sending a positive signal to Google for ranking purposes.
Read more about optimising your Google Business Profile listing.
Google Business Profile listing – Posts
Once you have claimed your Google Business Profile listing, you can use Google posts for promoting deals, sales, events or products. Google posts are like a mini advert.
Here are some great ideas for how they can be used:
- Give a quick summary of your latest blog post and link to it
- Mention upcoming events
- Link to a new video on YouTube
- Feature a new product or service you offer
- Highlight a sale or special offer
- Promote what’s going on in your local area
- Share your business news
- Advertise job openings
- Show support for a charity
- Promote a contest or give-away
Sharing regular posts is a great way to keep your Business Profile active and up-to-date.
When promoting your content, you should go to where your target audience is. This will mean finding out which social media platforms they use the most and where they spend their time online.
I hope you found this article useful. Walker Websites is based in Highams Park, East London. Why not get in touch to see how we can help with your SEO needs? Call now – 0777 169 1194.
Introduction Do you have a Google My Business profile? Claiming and optimising your Google Business…
Alt text Alternative text (alt text) is descriptive text which conveys the meaning and context…